Our little guy is so sick! The doctor said his ears look fine and it must be RSV so there is nothing we can do but alternate Tylenol and Motrin for his fever. Brady's to-do list over the last 48 hours looks something like this:
- Sleep for one hour
- Scream for ten minutes or until Mom/Dad has rocked me sufficiently
- If feeling nice, take three sips of juice
- If medicine is administered, scream for an additional ten minute interval
- Then, if Mom is rocking me, pass out. If Dad is rocking me, pass out unless I see, hear or think about Mom in which case, commence additional screaming interval
- Officially pass out as long as someone is sleeping under or next to me and the humidifier is blowing directly in my face
Troy has been such a trooper considering he doesn't get to escape to the office for 8 to 10 hours each day. He has been insisting that I sleep most of the night while he takes care of Brady since he is co-napping most of the day. We can't figure out what exactly is going on with the Bubbies other than the fact that he is severely congested and doesn't yet know how to blow his nose. He absolutely panics every time he wakes and but will calm down eventually since the screaming seems to dislodge a shocking quantity of mucous.
This is not a very interesting post but when the Bubbies ain't happy, nobody's happy! I am really wondering how how people pull this off with more than one child. Any suggestions from my numerous (two) readers?