Thursday, March 27, 2008

On Friends...

I posted late last night, went to bed, and when I got up this morning to check our blog I found so many wonderful and supportive comments. We are so incredibly fortunate to have such amazing and loving friends!!!

A few weeks ago I attended a support meeting full of parents of children with various disabilities. Led by a licensed therapist, we shared our various frustrations and discussed different means of coping. Virtually all of the other parents shared their sadness over losing most of the friends they had before their special children came into their life. I sat there thinking "whaaaaaaat?" and avoided eye contact with the therapist for fear she would ask me about friends. I felt a tiny bit guilty sitting there thinking that NOT A SINGLE ONE of our friends has not been absolutely supportive to us!

I have most likely broken down in front of all of you at least once, or maybe even shut down and avoided friends altogether during a difficult period of diagnosis and grieving. I am so appreciative of your patience and understanding. And thank you for turning my tears of sadness this morning after Brady had yet another seizure to tears of gratitude. We love and appreciate you all so much!

p.s. Troy continues to discuss our options with our neurologist (they speak by phone at least once a week). We still have several options available to us - it's just a matter of trying each one out which will take a bit of time. We will keep you posted.

7 comments:

Nate said...

Hi Kasja, I'm so sorry to hear about all of Brady's seizure troubles. I can't even imagine how difficult things must be for you guys right now. It's so good to have friends who are close to support you.

I hope Brady stabilizes soon. We'll be praying for you!

Nate, Melanie, Whit and Liam

Nate said...

Doh! Transposed the j and the s. Sorry, Kajsa!

Sara said...

So glad to hear this..! Yes, as strange as we are, I, too, am grateful for a great "core" group of friends, many of whom I've known since High School. Not many people have that... we were a rare bunch.

Anyway, we think the world of you both and will look forward to hearing how Brady's treatments are progressing. Here's hoping you can get to the bottom of it soon! :)

{jane} said...

I agree. I have always felt that even though I have a real lack of family members {immediate or extended} unlike most people arounde here, I am overly blessed with amazing/loyal friends.

We are always here if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

I had not read yesterdays port until now..I cannot imagine how difficult it is when it comes to your child to experience things like this. I know we have no control of our lives, but I am certain that feeling of helplessness is overwhelming.
My prayers go out to you and your family.

alli may said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. I must tell you that Jen keeps us up to date about the three of you and I've peeked in on you from time to time. I always have a prayer in my heart for you both and Brady when I think of you.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.