Jane Rhodes has tagged us and I'm going first because a joint tag would require Troy and me (Troy is interrupting and trying to change this to 'Troy and I') to work together on a post and see, we are already arguing!
Ten years ago... 1998-I was working full time as an administrative assistant for AT&T Media, living in my parents' basement and going to school at the University of Utah. I was in a ridiculously dramatic, on again, off again relationship with some guy and Mindy Taylor convinced me to go out with one of Scott's friends from Granger who was reported to be both, and I quote, "hot" and "nice." Troy was indeed hot and nice and we went out twice before he left for spring training and I got back together with that other guy. It's a good thing Mindy is persistent because she and Scott were forced to set us up AGAIN in 2002. Obviously the second time stuck!
5 places I've visited...
Other than those parts of Canada & Mexico that are close to the border, my feet have remained firmly planted on U.S. soil. Some of my favorite trips/places...
- Washington DC
- Minneapolis (on account of that ginormous mall)
There are so many great places I have yet to see (including NYC!) but the thought of traveling to foreign countries stresses me out. I have always admired those people I know that travel the world!
- Troy & Brady (I promise I'm not being cheesy. I really do not get to spend enough time with either of them)
- Blogging, my new hobby
- Reading, my lifelong hobby
- Vegging on the couch watching Oprah, Grey's, Biggest Loser, HGTV, Discovery Health Channel, and totally random shows on MTV/VH1
- Tennis - Troy taught me a few years ago
- Skiing - the ONLY sport I can kick Troy's butt in
- Running - although it's been YEARS
3 bad habits... Only three?
- Eating junk & never exercising
- Blog stalking. I am super embarrassed to admit that I like to 'browse' everybody's friends' links, blogs, etc. I am getting better at fessing up and leaving comments. I still don't have a feel for proper blog etiquette!
- Troy says that I have to list not putting the lids on my contact cases (or anything else) at night. Personally, I think this is no biggie.
5 things you may not know about me...
- Kajsa is a swedish name that my great aunt found in geneology
- I was an alternate on the academic decathlon team in high school. Yes, alternate. That means I am a big enough nerd to be on the team but not smart enough to compete. To this day I get along spectacularly with engineers, techies, quants, etc. even though I only understand half of what they say.
- I have big feet. Have you ever shopped for size 10 1/2? It doesn't exist so I slosh around in 11's or wince in pain every time I take a step.
- I routinely read medical journals, although US Weekly is a close 2nd.
- I am a morning person/early bird which Troy hates.
5 jobs I have had...
- Piano accompanist in a ballet studio - jr. high
- Bank teller (my cash ALWAYS has to face a certain way now) - college
- Manager of Red's Frozen Yogurt - high school
- Risk analyst (swap pricing and option volatility) on a trade floor - in H-town
- Mommy - unfortunately this occurs outside of work but it's still my job!
I'm tired and you might be asleep if you made it through this list. I now tag Troy (that's two so you better do it!), Erin Johanson and Jenn Culley.