Sunday, April 13, 2008

Date Night

Last night Troy and I went out to dinner WITHOUT BRADY. This was our first date of 2008 and we can't thank the McNaughtons enough. Troy has known them since college and we are so lucky they live in AZ! They are great friends and were, of course, were great with Brady last night. He didn't even notice that Mom & Dad left and went to dinner. Unfortunately they also introduced Troy to Guitar Hero and I am never going to hear the end of it. G.H. is way too hard for me and made my hands hurt! Has this happened to anyone else or am I getting old and arthritic?


We also had great fun on Friday night with Crystal and Chris who have frequent business meetings in Phoenix. We stayed in the same hotel downtown and had breakfast together. Troy adn I watched nearby fireworks from our window and rented movies while Brady slept. Who knew Brady would love hotel life so much? Thanks for the room and the fun, Crystal and Chris!


I dare say we actually did some stuff this weekend, none of which was documented in photos! I'll leave you with this little tidbit in lieu of a photo...


It's going to be a looooong summer!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so glad you guys were able to get out for a bit! I am sure that dinner must have been nice together. We are so excited that Brady has been seizure free for 11 days! WOOHOO! :)

Sara said...

So great that you got out and had a good time. It is nice to have such great and trusted friends nearby!

And I must say that I'm actually coveting the 95 degree weather... I am so ready for nice, warm... even really downright HOT weather! I miss the sunshine and can't wait for Summer!

Our neighbors open their pool this week... my boys are counting down like it's Christmas! :)

jenn said...

95 degree weather...LUCKY! I know it will get super hot for you way too soon, but in the meantime I can't help but be completely jealous that you are having such spectacular weather. We right back to the cold today after a slightly nice day yesterday. Bummer.

I'm so happy you guys got to go out on a date and had a fun weekend with Crystal and her hubby. You deserve it.

I'm totally amazed that Brady has been seizure free for so long. I'm so happy for him and the both of you! Yippee!

{jane} said...

First of all, Congrats to Brady for the long run of no seizures!

ok, 95 degree weather is HOT even for me, and I love HOT. Is this your spring? I really think you should get back to Utah before summer hits there. :)

I think it's so awesome you two got out of the house without Brady! woo-hoo!!! You need a way to do that weekly...