Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Identity Crisis

After numerous complaints that our blog's polka dots were hurting Troy's eyes and were not "man blog friendly," I have simplified our blog template with a strange greenish brown blah color. I will miss the dots but am letting them go for the sake of encouraging more man posts.

I know it sounds silly but I have been thinking a lot lately about what I want our blog to be about. I have been wanting to post a lot more about 1p36, diagnosis, therapy, and the differently-abled in general. It's the one topic on which I feel I really have something to say. And my something to say has been nagging at me like crazy! I am such a rookie in all of this. Blogging, parenting, disabilities, etc. But I think I'll shove a bunch of info into the blogosphere anyway and learn as I go.

Please keep the computer on, Grandma, our little blog is certainly having an identity crisis but will surely continue to feature countless photos of the Bubs.

4 comments:

jenn said...

In the name of compromise I actually quite like your new blog background. It is very family friendly...

jenn said...

Sorry, I wasn't finished! =)

I wanted to say keep your posts coming, regardless the emotion behind them. It can be so theraputic. So go ahead...share, vent, celebrate, brag and teach us a thing or two along the way. We want to hear it all. =)

Elisha said...

Ha ha! That made me laugh out loud. I know all about trying to make things masculine in this house.

Sara said...

For what it's worth, I also like the new blog... (liked the old one, too, but simple is good.) It has a classic, timeless charm and shows off the photos better anyway!

As for the identity crisis, I am all for you posting any and everything you can and feel needs to be said. What a comfort it would be to anyone else struggling to understand what is going on with their own child to come across your words and feel they are not alone! (And besides, we will save you thousands in therapy!) Keep it comin' sista! :)